The ideaLaunch blog ranked number 13 on the Junta42 list of Top 42 Content Marketing Blogs. According to the astute and extremely intelligent experts (after all, they put us on their list) at Junta42, websites were evaluated for:
- content strength
- regular posts
- popularity (last AND least, according to Junta42).
Aside from the obvious, what do the best content marketing blogs have in common?
- They report and analyze news. Keeping it fresh, current and exciting is the MO of all the best content marketing blogs. For instance, Convince and Convert quoted a new study about Twitter and provided fantastic insight in the post “Surprising Statistics About Twitter in America.” The statistics truly were surprising—and the equally surprising subheads made it fun to read.
- They are insightful. Conversation Agent recently published an in-depth post about integrating a blog in your content strategy. Even though the tips got back to basics for businesses new to blogging, the post provided in-depth information readers could implement immediately.
- They are readable. Both posts from the top #1 and #2 content marketing blogs—as well as those you read here at ideaLaunch, we like to think—are easy on the eyes. Clever subheads, short bullet points, and lists make the posts easy to scan. So does simple language, short sentences and short paragraphs.
- They have personality. “Personality” is hard to quantify. Some people like to call it transparency, but to me, it’s something more. It’s a particular “voice.” It’s flair. It’s not being afraid to use first-person when appropriate. It’s getting friendly without offering up TMI (too much information).
It’s fun to read the posts from Junta42’s Top 42 content marketing blogs and get to know the writers. We hope you feel the same, and will spend some time getting to know us better here at ideaLaunch.
Dawn Allcot is a freelance writer available on WriterAccess, a marketplace where clients and expert writers connect for assignments. WriterAccess is powered by ideaLaunch, a full service content marketing agency serving hundreds of clients and thousands of writers since 2000.
Tags: content marketing