ideaLaunch, an online marketplace connecting tens of thousands of customers and writers in our award winning platform, is seeking a Community Manager for its Boston office.
If recruiting, screening and leading top-notch writers is your thing, then this is your job. Experience is a must, with a proven track record for recruiting freelance professionals that may expand from writers to designers and coders. You'll lead need to review writers work and reward star level promotions for eligible writers. And you'll also work with customers to help match project requirements with appropriate talent experience, proficiency and skills necessary for success.
Experience with recruiting, staffing and community management all count in your favor. In a nutshell, your job includes motivating, mentoring and managing writers, helping us build the largest pool of talent on the planet, all ready for freelance assignments in our platform.
The Job in a Nutshell
- Oversee day-to-day operations for recruiting, screening and onboarding new writers
- Improve retention rates for talent by boosting the standards of service and support
- Advance the screening, testing and algorithmic scoring practices for writers
- Train and motivate talent by helping them advance their career
- Eventually build a team to help manage the growth and streamline the process
- Manage a team of freelance editors responsible for quality control
- Work with account management team members to grow sales with matchmaking perfection
- Regularly increase the talent pool with international and industry expansion likely in the next few years
What We Want
- Fabulous writing and editing skills
- Recruiting experience for creative professionals
- Successful experience in startup environment
- Team leading and longevity with team members
- At least ONE or TWO years of management experience
- High energy, excellent focus, relentless drive and ability to play well with others
- Sales driven with a track record a mile long of achieving goals
- Ability to multi-task and work under pressure in rapid-fire environment
- Staffing experience a HUGE plus and preferred, but not required
What You Get
- Competitive salary plus bonus in the 50k to 80k range, depending on experience
- Health benefits and team incentive programs
- Content marketing focus and career advancement
- Ping Pong, Nerf basketball and Free Friday Lunch for all employees
- Hip new offices starting July 1st, 2015 across from North Station (Portland Street)
Please be sure to include a uniquely dazzling cover letter expressing your genuine interest as the first step in the application process. Next up, a 20 minute interview to separate the leaders from the pack. Finally, two interviews to seal the deal and launch your new career.
This is an immediate opening, so plan on hearing from us pronto with an answer on how your skills, experience and passion might fit with the role and our team.